This course module is a practical and in-depth introduction to the different conditions under which you can process personal data about people. This module discusses what we mean by “lawful processing grounds” or “conditions”, the various means by which we can we can process personal data in a lawful and compliant manner, and the greater restrictions around processing “special category” personal data.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- Understand how the processing conditions discussed in this module are key to fair, lawful, and transparent processing
- List lawful grounds for processing personal data
- List lawful grounds for processing special category personal data
- Identify the most appropriate processing grounds for processing data in a particular context
- Discuss the requirements for processing data relating to criminal convictions or offenses