Who we are
We are Bridgecastle Information Management Ltd, trading as Castlebridge. We are an Information Strategy consultancy based in Ireland specialising in Information Governance, Data Privacy, Data Quality, and Information Ethics.
The DataEducation.ie website has been developed to promote Data Literacy internationally through the provision of self-paced, tutor-assisted, and live instructor lead education for information professionals.
Our postal address is Unit 7, 12 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1, Ireland.
Our DPO can be contacted via email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Registering you on courses: We process infomation about you either directly (for self-directed learners buying courses themselves) or via your employer/organisation (for people working or volunteering in organisations who have purchased course bundles from us).
- Delivering courses: either as self-directed/self-paced learning online, instructor-supported courses, or live instructor-lead courses. If you are participating in an instructor-supported or instructor-lead course, we will process data about you for the purposes of operating the discussion forums and other learner supports that are available.
- Fulfilling orders for books, resources or learning materials: if you buy a book or other resource from us, we’ll process your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
- Processing payments and invoicing: We will process information about you for the purposes of processing payments and managing any refunds, or discounts associated with payments and invoicing.
- Accounting and Taxation: We need to keep business records and file tax returns. We need to process data about you to do that.
- Course Assessments and Grading: If your course has an assessment component, we’ll process data about you as part of that assessment and we’ll record your grade. Depending on your course, we might send you a certificate of attendance or a certificate of achievement.
- Continuous Processional Development Tracking: We will retain records relating to your taking courses that have an associated CPD credit so that your CPD returns to any professional body can be audited if needed.
- Marketing: We will, from time to time, send you information on courses you may be interested in and to keep you updated on our course catalogue. You can opt-out of these messages at any time.
- Administration communication: We will process personal data about you for the purposes of communicating with you about the administration of your course or courses and managing our relationship with you as a customer.
- Website Security: Your IP address and information on how you use our site (e.g. pages visited, the country where you accessed the site from etc.) are logged by our Web Application Firewall. Your IP address will be compared with blacklists of known malicious sites as part of our security protocols.
Comments and Forum Discussions
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact forms on this site will generate emails to our team in Castlebridge and will be transferred to our helpdesk system which is hosted in the European Union.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
We do not embed content or use plugins from Facebook on DataEducation.
We use Matomo for our analytics. This is a first party analytics tool which means your data is not shared with 3rd parties when you visit our site. All interactions are anonymised in our Matomo statistics. You can find out more about Matomo on their website.
Who we share your data with
We will share your data with:
- Your employer if they have paid for your course attendance as part of a course bundle.
- Any professional body who you ask us to share your data with for the purposes of CPD verification.
- Any law enforcement body or other agency who requests data from us under a valid statutory authority or court order.
- Course instructors from our Partner Network who will need to access information about you for the purposes of delivering courses or conducting assessments.
- Taxation authorities if requested as part of an audit activity or statutory returns under Irish taxation law.
Other than that, we don’t share your data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will retain your user profile data, including information on courses you have registered for or completed, and any associated grades or assignments, for three years after the date of your last login to the site.
We will retain records of purchase transactions, refunds, and other financial records for six years after the year in which the transaction occured as part of Castlebridge’s company records.
What rights you have over your data
Your rights are:
- To be provided with a copy of information we hold about you.
- To be able to object to processing for particular purposes
- To be able to request erasure of data held about you (subject to limitations)
- To be able to correct errors in any data we hold about you (not including any exam or test scores…)
- To be able to seek assistance from the Data Protection Commission
Where we send your data
Visitor comments will be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Other than that, we host your data in data centres in the Republic of Ireland, provided by our internet service provider, Blacknight.
Your contact information
DataEducation is managed and operated by Castlebridge.
You can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Castlebridge, Unit 7, 12 Mountjoy Square North, Dublin 1, Ireland
You can contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact form below.
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
- We will receive data from your employer or an organisation you volunteer with if you are being enrolled in a course by them.
- If you are enrolling in a course through one of our partners, we will receive data from them to register you for your courses.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
For some course assessments we will make automated decisions as to your pass/fail status or your grade based on the grading rubric for your particular course. Assignments or other submitted work are not assessed using automated tools.
We will conduct statistical analysis of pass/fail rates and the performance of assessment questions to help us improve our course design and assessment questions.
We do not use any other form of profiling or automated decision making.
Keeping your data secure
We use a variety of organisational and technical controls to secure your data. These include:
- Off-site backups of all data, with redundant backups of the site in more than one location.
- Web application firewall on the site itself
- Restricted user access to site hosting
- Restricted access to administrator accounts
- SSL security on the site
- Payments handled by an external payment processor
Contacting our Data Protection Officer
If you have any queries or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the form below.